The single most important thing you can do to prevent overpopulation, animal cruelty, and neglect and is to spay/neuter your pet. This is an act of compassion that moves us one step closer to a community with no unwanted or homeless animals.
HSLC has partnered with local veterinarians to offer a discounted surgery fee for residents of Loudoun County to encourage and assist with spay and/or neuter of dogs, cats, and rabbits.
***A new vet has been added to our program – Tally Oaks Veterinary Service in Purcellville. Tally Oaks Veterinary Service is a small, private, low volume clinic in a country setting, where both people and animals will get special, personalized service. They have new, state of the art equipment and are looking forward to establishing new clients, not just generating business. ***
How The Program Works:
1. Purchase a certificate from HSLC either online or through the mail and indicate your vet of choice. Missing vet selection WILL cause delays in processing. (Click here for a list of participating vets)
2. We will email your certificate to you with a copy to your selected veterinarian.
PLEASE ALLOW 7-10 DAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATE. Make your surgical appointment once certificate is received.
a. Please be sure to add our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your contacts to ensure prompt delivery of your certificate and avoid our email going to a junk/spam email folder.
b. Be aware, this is not your PayPal payment confirmation email.
3. Take a copy of your email confirmation with you to the vet on the day of your surgery. You will be asked to sign the certificate indicating that you understand the program rules.
4. HSLC is billed directly for the cost of the spay/neuter procedure and anesthetic by the veterinarian.
1. Recipient is a resident of Loudoun County, VA.
2. Recipient should contact the chosen veterinarian prior to purchase to discuss fees and requirements. Each veterinarian may determine their recommended procedures/fees.
3. The certificates entitle recipient’s animal to anesthesia and spay/neuter surgery ONLY. This certificate does not include vaccines, pain medications or any blood or other laboratory tests that may be required or recommended by the participating veterinarian.
4. This certificate may NOT be used in conjunction with any cosmetic surgery, including declawing.
5. Recipient is responsible for extra charges if females are in heat or pregnant.
6. Recipient is responsible to the veterinarian for any complications secondary to surgery.
7. Recipient is responsible for extra charges if the animal weighs more than indicated on this certificate.
8. Proof that animals are current on all vaccinations may be required by the veterinarian.
9. This certificate is valid for SIX MONTHS from date of issue. No refund or transfer will be provided on expired certificates.
10. There is a $50 charge for each returned check.
11. A $10 cancellation fee will be assessed on all approved cancellation refund requests.
1. There will be other charges associated with the procedure. The spay/neuter charge is only one itemized charge on the invoice. Each veterinarian has their own policy and prices. Ask about these charges when you are deciding on the vet of your choice.
2. Alert!! Purebred animals purchased from a store, breeder, etc. may not be accepted under this program with some of the vets. Please discuss this with your vet of choice before making the appointment. You may select another vet on the list to perform the surgery.
3. In addition, you may apply for financial assistance to help you with payment of your invoice for the procedure. (Click here to request financial assistance.)
4. There are other options to assist with spay/neuter and we encourage you to research and pick the program that is best for you. Please check out Spay Virginia (www.spayva.org), or Spay USA (www.spayusa.org).