The single most important thing you can do to prevent overpopulation, animal cruelty, and neglect is to spay/neuter your pet. This is an act of compassion that moves us one step closer to a community with no unwanted or homeless animals.
HSLC has partnered with local veterinarians to offer a discounted fee for residents of Loudoun County to encourage and assist with spay and/or neuter of dogs, cats, and rabbits.
Coming Soon!!! “Snip Trip” will soon be available for Loudoun County residents and will provide a lower cost spay/neuter option. Snip Trip will initially begin with cats only. Cats will be transported in a safe, secure transport bus to the Shenandoah Spay/Neuter Clinic in Harrisonburg, VA where they will receive their surgery and vaccinations.
1. Recipient is a resident of Loudoun County, VA.
2. Recipient should contact the chosen veterinarian prior to purchase to discuss fees and requirements. Each veterinarian may determine their recommended procedures/fees.
3. The certificates entitle recipient’s animal to anesthesia and spay/neuter surgery ONLY. This certificate does not include vaccines, pain medications or any blood or other laboratory tests that may be required or recommended by the participating veterinarian.
4. This certificate may NOT be used in conjunction with any cosmetic surgery, including declawing.
5. Recipient is responsible for extra charges if females are in heat or pregnant.
6. Recipient is responsible to the veterinarian for any complications secondary to surgery.
7. Recipient is responsible for extra charges if the animal weighs more than indicated on this certificate.
8. Proof that animals are current on all vaccinations may be required by the veterinarian.
9. This certificate is valid for SIX MONTHS from date of issue.
10. There is a $50 charge for each returned check.
11. A $10 cancellation fee will be assessed on all approved cancellation refund requests.
How The Program Works:
1. Purchase a certificate from HSLC either online or through the mail and indicate your vet of choice. (Click here for a list of participating vets)
2. We will fax your approved certificate to your vet of choice within a week.
a. If you mail in your purchase and do not include an email – we will mail you your certificate(s) instead. Appointments should be set after the mailed certificate is received. This will add another week on to the process.
3. You will also receive a confirmation email from HSLC indicating that your vet has received the certificate and copy of the certificate within a week.
a. Be aware, this is not your PayPal payment confirmation email.
4. Make an appointment with your vet of choice. Be sure to make your appointment as soon as possible.
5. Take a copy of your email confirmation with you to the vet on the day of your surgery. You will be asked to sign the certificate indicating that you understand the program rules.
6. HSLC is billed directly for the cost of the spay/neuter procedure and anesthetic by the veterinarian.
1. There will be other charges associated with the procedure. The spay/neuter charge is only one itemized charge on the invoice. Each veterinarian has their own policy and prices. Ask about these charges when you are deciding on the vet of your choice.
2. Alert!! Purebred animals purchased from a store, breeder, etc. may not be accepted under this program with some of the vets. Please discuss this with your vet of choice before making the appointment. You may select another vet on the list to perform the surgery.
3. In addition, you may apply for financial assistance to help you with payment of your invoice for the procedure. (Click here to request financial assistance.)
4. There are other options to assist with spay/neuter and we encourage you to research and pick the program that is best for you. Please check out Spay Virginia (www.spayva.org), or Spay USA (www.spayusa.org).
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A SPAY/NEUTER CERTIFICATE ONLINE VIA PAYPAL